Submitted by Michael “Suey” Sulak. Michael is with the Seattle Fire Department Station 8 – Ladder 6.
- 6 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 1 ½ cups gold tequila
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco® Brand Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and pepper the chicken thighs generously. In a glass bowl, combine the citrus juices and zest along with the tequila, olive oil, garlic, jalapeno peppers and Tabasco® Brand Habanero Pepper Sauce. Place chicken thighs and fresh thyme sprigs in large zip lock plastic bags and pour marinade over chicken. If chicken won’t fit in one bag, distribute ingredients evenly over several bags. Seal and let marinade in refrigerator for 8 hours. Remove chicken from bags and discard marinade. Grill chicken until fully cooked through (internal temp of 180ºF with instant read thermometer). Serve immediately.