This recipe was submitted by Michael “Suey” Sulak. Suey is with the Seattle Fire Department, working out of Station 8. Thanks Suey!
- 1 baguette sliced thin
- 2 pounds bacon, chopped
- 2 pounds spicy ground pork sausage
- 2 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- 24 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Tabasco® Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 pound grated cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 16 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco® Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Take sliced baguette and place in large 12×24 baking pan.
- In large skillet, brown chopped bacon.
- Add spicy ground pork sausage and brown.
- Take diced red bell pepper, sliced cremini mushrooms and diced onion and sauté in meat until onions are clear.
- Pour over sliced baguettes in baking pan and mix well.
- Add grated mozzarella cheese and mix again.
- Crack eggs into large mixing bowl with salt, black pepper and Tabasco® Chipotle Pepper Sauce, scrambling well.
- Pour egg mix over baguettes and meat in baking pan.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice into squares and serve topped with Mojo Mushroom Sauce.
- In large deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms, salt, paprika and parsley.
- Stir over heat for 1 minute and then add beef broth and Tabasco® Habanero Pepper Sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes more and then add the sour cream.
- Reduce heat to simmer being careful not to burn half and half.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt butter and add flour. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until flour is golden to make a roux.
- With a rubber scraper, add to simmering mushroom sauce and whisk until thickened, stirring until well incorporated.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Place in serving bowl and serve on side to spoon over Strata and garnish with chopped chives.